Position:Bilingual Korean Driver
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Center for Pan Asian Community Services, Inc. (CPACS) is a private nonprofit located in Atlanta, Georgia. Our mission is to promote self-sufficiency and equity for immigrants, refugees, and the underprivileged through comprehensive health and social services, capacity building, and advocacy. Founded on the belief that “people need people,” CPACS is the first, largest and oldest organization in the Southeast to focus on issues and concerns of Asian Americans, especially women, children and families with low incomes.
The Driver will provide transportation services to older adults, individuals with disabilities, and those looking for employment to various destinations and assisting them as necessary. The Driver will also assist in educating the community about CPACS Transportation services and other public transportation options. The Driver will also serve as a community liaison to provide and coordinate transportation services. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and organized with a passion for serving the community by providing excellent transportation services to the community.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate cutaway shuttle buses, passenger vans, mini-vans, and sedans to transport older adults, individuals with disabilities, and those looking for employment to various destinations and assisting them as necessary
- Demonstrate safe and courteous driving behavior at all times
- Assist in educating the community about existing public transportation options
- Help coordinate periodically educational meetings in the community
- Complete daily vehicle pre- and post-trip inspections, and maintain vehicle cleanliness
- Recording necessary trip data to assist in program evaluation
- Must be able to accurately complete driving logs / vehicle reports
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Georgia State Drivers’ License (valid for past 5 years, excluding learner’s permit) •Clean driving record (must provide Motor Vehicle Record driving history past 7 years)
- Strong understanding and commitment to working with a multicultural community.
- Strong customer service experience
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and a willingness to participate fully in a team process
- Pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screening
- Ability to operate basic office software (email, chat, scheduling software)
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- All drivers must successfully complete all required training (First Aid/CPR, Defensive Driving, Wheelchair securement, Driver and CPACS orientation)
- Promptness and on-time performance
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must be available to work early mornings, late evenings, and on the weekends
- Bilingual Korean/English
- Must be physically able to step up and down steps, safely secure clients for transport, lift up to 75 lbs., and transport wheelchair patients on paved and unpaved surfaces.
Please send all resumes and inquires to Heejin Ko, Heejin.Ko@cpacs.org